Join Sustainable Pittsburgh in kicking off the 2013-2014 Pittsburgh Green Workplace Challenge (GWC) on Wednesday, June 26 at 8:30 am at the Pittsburgh Zoo and PPG Aquarium!
The GWC is a yearlong competition that helps your organization save money while enabling you to track and measure improvements in the areas of energy, water, and (new this year) waste, and transportation. This year, the GWC is open to nonprofits, colleges/universities, and municipalities in addition to small, medium, and large businesses in southwestern Pennsylvania.
During the 2011-2012 competition, participants saved enough energy to power nearly 6,000 average U.S. households for a year, saving over $4.2 million. Enough water was saved to fill Heinz Field 13 feet deep!
When an organization is more efficient in its use of resources, it increases profits, reduces cost, and more money is available for reinvestment. Sign up today to compete! Use the GWC to showcase and receive credit for your organization’s green achievements.
The kickoff event on June 26 features opening remarks from County Executive Rich Fitzgerald, along with insights from past winners. Be sure to attend to witness the goals this year’s participants pledge to achieve.
- Allegheny County Executive Rich Fitzgerald
- Dr. Barbara Baker, CEO, Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium
- Angela Garcia, Deputy Director, Global Links
- Aftyn Giles, Sustainability Coordinator, City of Pittsburgh
- Kanak Iyer, President, Kanakadhara Financial
- Barb Kviz, Sustainability Coordinator, Carnegie Mellon
- Christine Mondor, Principal, evolveEA
- Marily Nixon, Breathe Project Coordinator, The Heinz Endowments
- Jim Pashek, Principal, Pashek Associates
- Jonah Paul, Analytics Manager, Eaton
- Dan Santmyer, Pittsburgh Site Director of Operations, Bayer Corporation
- John Trant, Jr., Chief Strategy Officer, Cranberry Township
The sign-up period for the competition ends July 31, 2013. To sign up, simply create an account at www.gwcpgh.org
To RSVP for the Kick-off, please email full contact information to Kimberly Olivito at [email protected]